Monday, December 01, 2008

2008 My Social Media Year in image

This year was a tough year for everyone and the only person who knew something was happening was Jeff Pulver. Back on December 27th last year, Jeff hosted a SoFla [South Florida] social media breakfast and his prediction for 2008 happened to be very accurate. Watch and see for yourself.



I was on the road most of the year traveling to France, Spain, Switzerland, London, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Monaco, Nice, Tel-Aviv, New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Ottawa, Montreal, Bahamas, Arkansas, Boston, Houston, Seattle, Vancouver, and lots of other places I cannot name for confidentiality reasons.
Here is a mock-up of 2008 in videos and pictures:

Seattle in January



Later in January we had an important meeting in Mountain View:



One of best moment of 2008 was Barcelona GSM World Congress in February. I really had a great time with Jenny our COO, Bhaskar Roy co-founder of Qik, Paul Walsh from Segala, Loren Feldman video blogger 1938 Media, Jeremie Berrebi CEO Zlio, David Marcus CEO Zong, and Pat Phelan friend and business partner.




Pat Phelan and Bhaskar Roy

Vonx San Jose March 2008

St Patrick MaxRoam party



Circle Qik



April in Vegas:

You can admire Bellagio water show from one of their most prestigious suite






Cork, Ireland in April:





Tel Aviv in May where I received a nice gift from our partner:




And Monaco where Vodafone invited me to Formula1 GrandPrix :



And VIP access to Cannes Festival




Paris few weeks later in June with buddy Pat Phelan:


One of my favorite pictures in July. Our customer service team has a new silent tagline:

CelTrek customer service sends me a message :) on TwitPic

So I had to pray to make sure everything would work:

A holy night to remember on TwitPic
Jerusalem July 2008

Back to the Valley in August for a diner at Village Pub:


Jackie Danicki, Pat Phelan, Bhaskar Roy, Florian Seroussi

Highlight of 2008 was TechCrunch 50 in San Francisco:


Jeff Nolan, Pat Phelan, Florian Seroussi, Jackie Danicki

I must admit this was fun. Pat Phelan had the bright idea to offer free iPhone unlocking and he ended up by bricking Mike Arrington - CEO TechCrunch - iPhone. Funny part is that I was holding the iPhone when Mike walks back. Pat's face that day was just incredible. Watch this video:



Less funny - I had to go to New York and it happened to be the day all markets crashed.



Fall in Paris in October:



I'm just back from a short trip in the Valley:

Rainy San Francisco on TwitPic

For most of my readers it sounds like a dream - it's not. Jet lags, long flights, security hassle, packing unpacking, huge temperature difference, short nights, getting into a 4 hour meeting after an overseas flight, kids too far away....all those things are not on those pictures...but they exist.

It's my choice. I don't complain. Let's see how 2009 will be...

No comments: